HAPPY HOLIDAYS from all of us at ELM
We want to wish happiness to everyone during the holiday season!
From September through December, ELM employees have participated in a number of engaging activities and community outreach, some of which we’d like to highlight here:
- ELM employees baked 8 giant trays of apple crisp for the Westfield Senior Center’s Harvest Happenings Luncheon
- ELM has volunteers who call BINGO at the Senior Center 1-2 times a month
- ELM is handling the electrical for the Westfield Food Pantry’s new food truck prep kitchen
- ELM decorated the front of our building for Halloween to participate in Westfield on Weekend’s Scarecrow/Haunted Trail
- ELM is working to help support housing insecure/homeless students who attend Westfield State University. This is a new partnership, but ELM plans to do in-house collections of food, toiletries, help with emergency needs of technology, clothing, textbooks, etc.
- ELM has purchased an upright freezer and small refrigerator for Common Goods, a food pantry created for the students and faculty at Westfield State University. The freezer and fridge will enable the pantry to provide storage for perishable food items. It will also help cut back on food wasted at the dining hall. Extra food can be packaged and frozen.
- ELM employees donated over 200 Thanksgiving food items. Items were bagged and delivered along with turkeys to the Boys and Girls Club to provide meals for 17 families
- ELM is starting a partnership with the Westfield School Department “Adopt a Classroom” program. Students from the Westfield Middle School STEM program will be touring our Cycle Street location to learn all about what we do.
- ELM participated in MOvember to raise awareness and money for men’s health
- ELM fed the Westfield High School football team before their state semifinal game. The head coach is an ELM employee
- ELM is working with the Salvation Army in their Angel Tree program. ELM employees have purchased gifts of toys, clothing, craft supplies, sports equipment, bikes, etc. for 25 children!
None of this community service and outreach would be possible without our valued employees!