Safety To The Next Level
Safety is more than a set of procedures at Elm Electrical. We have developed a safety culture that impacts our employees, customers and contractors. We cannot overstate the importance of proper mindset, thorough training and practices to ensure a safe work environment for our workforce and our customers.
Elm provides staff with training on up-to-date OSHA, MSHA and other state and federal regulators. Training is on-going and brings our staff to the classroom as well as out in the field for hands-on experience. Employees can earn certifications and update skills.
In tandem with the UL Pure Safety on Demand program, we develop the curriculum to remain flexible and responsive as our team brings real-world experience to the classroom. We build on our training agenda with presentations from safety and health professionals, as well as supplemental online modules.
This industry-leading dedication to safety has not gone unnoticed. ELM has continually received the Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. and Gould Construction Institute annual S.T.E.P. (Safety, Training, and Evaluation Process) award. The prestigious designation recognizes outstanding commitment to workplace safety.
- Platinum, Gold, or Silver Award Recipient since 2001.
- Highwire Recognizes its Safest Contractors & Vendors, including Elm with Gold Safety Award
- Gold Safety Award Certificate
- Elm awarded ContractorCheck Accreditation
- Elm receives STEP Platinum Award for 2023
Elm Electrical is an active member of the below organizations to support our efforts to bring safety to the next level.
- Eliminate osha recordable accidents.
- Create a higher awareness of what is safe
behavior and to enhance what behavior.
- Investigate and reduce near-miss accidents.
- Increase participation in measured safety
activities by all employers